
jeff and i recently switched gyms, and at our new gym offers free classes to members. i wanted to try a class i'd never been to before, so a few girls i work with and i have gotten together and started going to spinning classes tuesday and thursday nights. it's an hour long class where you pedal fast and hard on a stationary bike, increasing or decreasing your resistance; supposedly you burn about 600 calories each hour (the time goes by fast!). the teacher makes you sprint for several intervals, and pedal standing. then the worst one is when you're standing but basically have to squat your butt down to an inbetween standing and sitting position while you pedal. after my ten-minute drive home you'd think i'd cool down, but my face is still hot pink for about an hour after! the class burns! we have learned to deal with the pain and this is becoming something i look forward to - i love to spin, come spinning with us!
3 comments:
19th baby!!
Aww man if i lived there I would so come with you. I ride my road bike outside cause I have nice weather here! :-) but I used to go to those during winter when I lived in Utah and am actually working on possibly teaching a spin class down here, I love them.
Post a Comment